Weight Loss Tips
A successful weight program depends on an appropriate diet teamed up with physical activity and a lifetime commitment. It means changing and understanding some of your present eating habits. You can't change your faulty eating habits unless you know what they are.
Don't try fad diets! They might be nutritionally unsound and although you may lose weight rapidly, you will gain it back quickly plus a few more pounds. Try these weight loss tips to lose weight more effectively:
• Keep an eating diary for 1-2 weeks. This will help you to identify your eating habits. Note: food eaten, amount eaten, time, where eaten, who is with you, what you were doing, how you felt.
• Eat smaller portions of food and use a smaller plate so it looks like more.
• Eat fewer sweets and fats and decrease alcohol consumption.
• Do not skip meals.
• Eat slowly (it takes 20 mins. from the start of a meal for the stomach to signal feelings of fullness to the brain).
• Stop high-calorie snacking - try unbuttered popcorn, fruits, and veggies.
• Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
• Eat a Balanced Diet!
• Exercise is a must. Choose something you enjoy and do it 20-30 minutes 3 times a week. (Walking is great and requires no equipment!).