It’s essential that people who want to lose weight learn to accept responsibility for their weight. They have to quit blaming circumstances or other people for making them overeat.
Most people gain weight simply because they take in more food than their bodies need. Losing excess weight and keeping it off means making a strong commitment to eating sensibly and exercising regularly.
Exercise is essential to any weight loss plan. Exercise tones up the body, increases muscle mass, helps burn calories and decreases feelings of stress.
To be safe, weight loss should be limited to a maximum of two pounds per week. Nutritional needs often go unmet when people limit their caloric intake too much. A healthy diet also is essential to any weight loss system.
Here is a list of the best weight loss tips you should follow on a daily basis or visit the weight loss section at howy.org to read more about weight loss : http://www.howy.org/health-fitness/weight-loss
• Drink plenty of water. Water suppresses appetite, helps the body metabolize fat and works as a natural diuretic. Drink eight to 10 glasses daily.
• Keep a food diary. Writing down what you eat and when will make you more aware of unhealthy patterns like snacking while watching television or cating whenever you feel bored.
• Eat smaller, more frequent meals. This keeps your insulin level steady throughout the day and prevents cravings for fattening foods. Avoid eating your biggest meal in the evening. This promotes fat storage by the body.
• Eat balanced meals, including protein, fruits and vegetables, whole grain breads and cereals and milk and dairy products. Protein sources include meals, poultry, fish, dried beans and peas.
• Avoid alcohol. One gram of alcohol has seven calories, almost as many as a gram of fat (nine calories). There is virtually no nutritional value in alcohol, and all those empty calories can add up.
• Cut out refined sugar. Sugar is obviously a main ingredient in candy bars, pop and cupcakes, but it also sneaks into foods like ketchup, salad dressings, breads and luncheon meals.
• Avoid salty foods. Excess salt makes the body retain water and can slow weight loss.
• Cook the low-fat way. Use vegetable oils instead of animal fats for cooking. Bake, broil, poach or steam foods instead of frying. Season with herbs and spices instead of using margarine, sauces and gravies.
We have only just scratched the surface with the aforementioned weight loss tips. Browse our articles and find out everything you need about weight loss and diet plans.